If you are someone who looks after their lips without a miss, it is highly probable that you always have a lip balm handy. And, if you are not one among them, you must get yourself one and start using it daily.
Lip balms are truly amazing and essential products to get rid of edgily dried-up lips. Just one roll-on of a worthy lip balm can make you feel the difference, and its regular use can give you well-moisturized and utterly soft lips. However, not all lip balms are created equal. Here is what you need to know about lip balm to make the most of it.
- Ingredients Matter
It does not matter what the product is, looking at its ingredients will always be an unsaid thing; the same rule applies to lip balms as well. For supple and hydrated lips, you should prefer ingredients like shea butter, beeswax, honey extract, coconut oil, and any other essential oils known for their moisturizing properties.
Note- Always read the label to know what you are putting on your lips. Avoid products that contain harsh or potentially harmful ingredients. Artificial fragrance, menthol, and camphor are a few ingredients that are strictly a no-no for your lip balms.
- Right Type
Lip balms are available in a myriad of options nowadays and you must find the perfect one for yourself. The type you choose will depend on the level of hydration your lips need, personal preferences, and other specific conditions like allergic reactions, pigmentation, etc.
Note- It is advised to buy a lip balm that caters to your requirements in the best possible way. You may look for labels like deep nourishment, long-lasting hydration, lightweight formula, non-tinted, non-sticky, 100% organic, and more.
Our Recommendations- Choosing one among the never-ending options can seem to be a daunting task. You may select one among the following based on the requirements of your lips.
- Spiced Chai Organic Lip Balm by Earthraga to deal with chapped, damaged, irritated, and prematurely aged lips.
- Icy Mint Organic Lip Balm by Earthraga if you are looking for a product having the goodness of antioxidants, shea butter, and Vitamins A, C and E.
- Vanilla Organic Lip Balm by Earthraga for your concerns about cracked and pigmented lips. This lip balm is high in zinc and protein.
- Luscious Honey Organic Lip by Earthraga to promote regeneration of new skin cells, boost blood circulation, and enjoy anti-inflammatory plus anti-bacterial properties.
- Daily Care
You cannot have soft, supple, hydrated, and healthy lips overnight; it takes regular self-care. You must get into the habit of looking after your lips each day which usually demands small efforts only. Here are a couple of things that you must try yourself.
- Exfoliate your lips regularly to remove dead skin cells and make your lips smoother. You can use a lip scrub, or gently rub your lips with a soft toothbrush or a damp washcloth. Remember to be gentle and do not over-exfoliate to avoid irritation and dryness.
- Drinking plenty of water is equally essential for healthy and hydrated lips. Dehydration can make your lips dry and cracked, especially at the corners. So, ensure drinking enough water throughout the day to avoid these repercussions.
- It is better to use lip balms in form of sticks because of their easy and direct application onto the lips. Lip balms in jars usually get messy as you have to use your fingers often leading to situations like lip balms getting stuck into your nails.
Following these tips and always use a good lip balm to keep your lips soft, hydrated, and beautiful.