Many a time, you witness the dark spots on your skin which scares you a lot. You might have gone to your doctor regarding this problem. But do you know the reason behind the lighter or darker spots on your skin as compared to the actual skin tone? It is skin pigmentation which helps in providing the colours to your skin. Skin pigmentation disorder causes a change in the colour of your skin. It can be hypopigmentation or hyperpigmentation based on the production of melanin pigment that imparts colours to the skin.
In the case of skin hyperpigmentation, the patches of skin give darker spots than the actual skin tone. It is the result of excess melanin production in specific skin regions. In the case of hypopigmentation, the patches of skin give lighter skin spots due to lesser melanin production on specific spots. How good it would be if you could try home remedies for pigmentation disorder sitting at home. Let’s explore tried and tested pigmentation remedies at home to maintain facial glow.
Pigmentation On Face - Causes
Some of the following causes for the pigmentation on the face are described below.
- One of the most common causes of pigmentation on the face is prolonged exposure to sunlight.
- Hormonal changes during pregnancy or puberty
- Thyroid disorders
- Oral contraceptives (birth control pills)
- Medications that cause light sensitivity
- Adrenal disorders like Addison's disease
- Other factors like heredity and hormone imbalances can all contribute to skin pigmentation.
4 Home Remedies To Treat Pigmentation Disorder
Wandering here and there about how to remove pigmentation from face permanently naturally at home? You can try pigmentation treatment at home using the following ingredients. The goal of home remedies is to either replace hyperpigmented cells with new and fresh cells or to nourish and protect the existing cells. Pigmentation remedies include household goods that include acids and antioxidants that can balance and protect the skin.
1. Aloe Vera Gel
It has been proven that aloesin, also known as aloin, is the active ingredient of aloe vera and may help lessen skin pigmentation. (1) You can use Earthraga Aloe Vera Neem Tea Tree Face Wash to promote clearer and healthier skin. It is an organic formulation without any addition of synthetics or artificial fragrance.
How to apply:
- In the evening, apply this fash wash having pure aloe vera for pigmentation to skin spots that are pigmented.
- Rinse under warm water in the following morning.
- Continue every day until your skin tone becomes more even.
Turmeric for pigmentation is a good home cure which neutralises free radicals and reduces oxidative stress. Without a doubt, you can use Ubtan + Turmeric Face Scrub available at Earthraga to protect against pollution and combat microbes. Turmeric gives skin a natural glow and slows down the ageing process.
How to apply:
- Apply turmeric face scrub as a face mask.
- Leave this face mask for fifteen minutes.
- You can rinse it off with water.
3. Kumkumadi Oil
By protecting the skin texture from sun damage and tan lines, kumkumadi oil promotes healthy skin. Kumkumadi oil for pigmentation efficiently reduces dark spots and pigmentation, resulting in a more radiant complexion. By applying Radiant Skin Kumkumadi Face Mask, you can glow your skin tone and fade blemishes on the skin.
How to apply:
- Start by giving your face a thorough scrubbing and washing with Earthraga Face Wash.
- Apply this Kumkumadi Face Mask generously, distributing it evenly across your neck and face.
- Give the mask 15 minutes to leave on your skin.
- Rinse the mask off with cold water when the allotted time has passed.
- Dry your face gently with a fresh towel.
- Include this method in your skincare routine at least twice a week for best results.
- Use a fresh towel to pat dry your face and neck.
4. Curd For Pigmentation
Lactic acid is an alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) found naturally in curd. The exfoliating qualities of AHAs are well recognised. They help in removing dead skin cells and encourage cell turnover. Curd for pigmentation is a fantastic way to hydrate your skin. Sustaining healthy skin requires adequate hydration which can also make pigmented areas seem better.
How to apply:
- To make a face mask, mix curd, a small amount of turmeric and a few drops of lemon juice.
- After applying it to the skin spots, keep it on for ten to fifteen minutes.
- Rinse it off with water.
Hopefully, you may have grabbed a proper understanding of the pigmentation disorders like darker spots or whitening on your skin. Now there is no need to visit any doctor regarding the same skin problems. You can easily treat your pigmentation issue using the above-mentioned home remedies for pigmentation. Visit Earthraga to experience the natural radiance of your skin through its organic skincare products and a curated range of anti-pigmentation products!
FAQs on Home Treatment for Pigmentation
Which homemade face pack is best for pigmentation?
The curd, honey, turmeric, and multani mitti are considered to be one of the best homemade face packs for pigmentation.
How long does facial pigmentation last?
Facial spots that are a few shades darker than your skin tone will typically go away in 6-12 months. But it may take years for the colour to fade if it is deeply ingrained in your skin.
What skincare products I can use for pigmentation?
You can use Bakuchiol Face Serum, Kumkumadi Face Mask, and Ubtan Turmeric Face Scrub for pigmentation. They all are online and available at Earthraga.1. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/22495441/