Hair Fall – Causes & Prevention
It is usual to lose 50 to 100 hair a day predominantly while washing or grooming the hair because of the typical growth cycle. However, if one is losing hair much in excess of this, then it could be due to one of the following underlying reasons. A healthy hair growth on the head, a crowning glory, does add to appearance, self-esteem and confidence of anyone, whilst thinning hair or receding hairline may worry anyone.
Let us talk of some of the common reasons and how to redress them to prevent excessive hair fall. To address the underlying cause will most likely slow down or prevent hair fall.
- Nutritious Diet- Keratin a protein is key building block of hair follicle, hair grow from hair follicle. Retinoids (Vitamin A) boost hair growth and so do Zinc, Biotin & Vitamin D. Switch to a balanced diet that is rich in vitamins and minerals to prevent hair fall. Do include nuts, beans & berries, low fat dairy products in the diet.
- Manage Stress- Stress can trigger excessive shedding of hair. It can cause hormonal imbalance that exacerbate hair fall. Include stress management techniques such as yoga and meditation in daily fitness regimen. Even spending time outdoors with Mother Nature in green surroundings will certainly help.
- Massage Oil- Our grandmothers used to tell us to oil our hair regularly to nourish, moisturize the scalp and strengthen hair strands. Get back to this habit because scalp massages help improve blood circulation to the hair follicles for hair growth.
- Avoid Heat- The heat from hot showers and styling tools can damage the hair cuticle, leading to breakage and split ends. This can result in dry and brittle hair that is more prone to hair fall. So, give your delicate hair a break from these heated routines. Also comb and style the hair gently. Avoid combing wet hair, wait for it to dry out as wet hair is more fragile and prone to breakage, hair fall.
- Regular Use of Good Shampoo- A clean scalp is a prerequisite for healthy hair. Washing your hair regularly with mild shampoo based on natural ingredients, can protect against hair loss by keeping the scalp clean & healthy. Shampoos with harsh chemicals such as sulfates and parabens may dry hair and cause it to break, leading to hair loss.
Our recommendation: Choose a shampoo that specifically targets hair loss and can address the root cause of the problem, nourish the hair follicles, and promote hair growth. Anti-Hairfall Shampoo by Earthraga with Bhringraj Extract – promotes hair growth, reduces hair fall and helps prevent premature greying. Red Onion Extract provides sustenance to hair follicles, helps regrowth of hair, increasing hair volume. It also has anti-microbial properties, helps fight scalp infections, thereby preventing hair loss and breakage. Amla Extract – strengthens hair follicles, reduces hair fall and aids hair volume. Rich in Vitamin C, Amla also fights dandruff and other scalp infections, thus helps fight hair fall.
Apart from Anti-Hair fall Shampoo, Earthraga Hair Growth Shampoo stimulates and promotes hair growth to offset hair loss.