Does your scalp keep getting itchy? Are you tired of trying new things to get rid of dandruff in vain? If yes, then you are not alone as dandruff is a very common scalp condition causing other problems like itching, flaking, irritation, and more.
But, do you know why it keeps coming back despite using the best products or remedies? Well, it can be due to factors like dry scalp, oily scalp, fungal infections, and in some cases, even stress. Fortunately, there are several effective ways to treat dandruff- dry scalp treatments and anti-dandruff shampoos.
Let’s know them!
Dry Scalp Treatment
The trick to dealing with dandruff is to know the cause and get rid of it. And, one of the most common causes of dandruff is dry scalp which is usually an outcome of dehydration and flakiness owing to cold weather, low humidity, overuse of hair styling products, etc.
Some of the best fixes for such situations are given below:
- Use a Moisturizing Shampoo: If you have a dry scalp, you must switch to a moisturizing shampoo now. Look for shampoos that contain hydrating ingredients to reduce flaking.
We recommend using Earthraga’s Hair Growth Shampoo which can nourish and hydrate your scalp with avocado oil in it as one of the key ingredients.
- Apply Scalp Oil: You can also get into the habit of oiling your dried scalp by using organic tea tree oil, coconut oil, etc. Oils will reduce inflammation and dandruff.
- Avoid Hot Water: If you enjoy hot showers, it is time to change your regime. Hot water can strip the scalp of its natural oils, leading to dryness and flaking. So, consider using lukewarm water to rinse your hair every time.
Another effective way to treat dandruff is to use an anti-dandruff shampoo that is specifically designed to help treat the underlying causes of dandruff, such as fungal infections and oily scalp. However, what will matter here is that you make a wise choice based on the following parameters and tips.
- Notice the key ingredients: A good shampoo should have active ingredients to tackle your specific hair problems. You must have an eye and liking for ingredients like rice protein, avocado oil, Bhringraj extract, Red Onion extract, and Amla extract.
Our recommendations are Earthraga’s Anti-Hairfall Shampoo and Hair Growth Shampoo for not just having these effective ingredients, but also for being dermatologically tested, 100% organic, artificial fragrance-free, Paraben free, Sulphate free, and even cruelty-free.
- Use as directed: Use a shampoo as directed to derive the maximum benefits. Be sure to follow the directions on the label which usually includes using cold water, a few pumps of shampoo, and rinsing your hair thoroughly.
Another bonus tip is to remain patient as results will not show up in just one wash or one application of any product. Follow the regime seriously a few times to see the positive effects of using dry scalp treatments and anti-dandruff shampoos.
In addition to the above-stated tips, you can try plenty of other easily doable things to prevent and treat dandruff. For example, avoid using hair styling products that use hot air specifically. You may also want to check with the hair coloring products that may be triggering itchiness or flakiness. Consider having a healthy and balanced diet to meet the vitamin and mineral requirements essential for your well-nourished scalp, hair, and body. You may also want to manage stress through relaxation techniques such as meditation, yoga, or deep breathing.
Dandruff though a common problem does not have to be yours! Take measures today.